SALES SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE
SUFFOLK, VA 23432
Duties include inputting data onto an in-house system, order processing, preparing spreadsheets, answering the phone, taking messages, liaising with suppliers, preparing & sending out quotes, dealing with queries, assisting with all office admin and secretarial duties.
Day-to-day detail involves:
- Placing and confirming the orders, and following their progress until goods received.
- Filing, answering the phones and general administration.
- Helping sales people with sourcing parts and quoting. This can mean working with Excel spreadsheets for large enquiries.
- Progressing and re-scheduling reports from customers
The main duty for a sales support is maintaining the Open Order Book. The whole job revolves around this and if your OOB is always up to date anyone can pick it up and know what is happening with an order. This is the most time consuming part of the role, but the heart of it too.
Daily up-keep of the Open order book includes:
- Phoning supplier to progress order and gets tracking details for orders that have shipped.
- Changing the dates on the system to reflect deliveries.
- Making sure pro-forma invoices received and paid
- Updating the sales person and customer with delays or improvements on orders.
- Completing the request to ship process for lines overdue on the open order book.
- Computer proficiency and knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Must be flexible
- Must be able to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must be organized and detail oriented
Interested candidates can send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. You may also contact our office at (757) 925-0400. EOE
Stephanie Lamb is the Branch Manager of our Suffolk office. She’s been in human resources for more than 15 years, staffing more than 10 years and with Reliance since 2008. Stephanie is a Certified Staffing Professional (CSP). Her human-resources background has given her a strong foundation in understanding the HR needs of different companies and industries. She is consistently praised for her dedication to our client businesses and her can-do attitude.
“I can't say enough great things about how wonderful Stephanie Lamb is to work with...she is able to match applicants to the right position to meet everyone's needs. All of the staff at the Suffolk location were professional and friendly. I recommend Reliance Staffing to others.” - feedback from our 2017 Talent Survey