CHESAPEAKE, VA 23320
Must have technical/mechanical experience and able to work with customers as go between for shop and service center.
You will also possess knowledge of Defense Federal Regulations Supplement (DFARS)/Federal Acquisitions Regulation (Far) Clauses and Government contracting. Government contracting experience is a key component of this position.
The hourly rate is $23.56.
Hours: 8 - 4:30 + overtime as needed
Full time Temp-to-Hire position
Dress: Warehouse clothes, safety PPE & Steel toed shoes
Key areas include: provide quotations to our sales force, prioritize repairs, overall management / administration of each repair order, continually seek ways to improve the repair process and techniques.
This position will require the following:
1. Formalize and quote repairs to end customers and internal Sales teams.
2. Opens and maintain repair orders.
3. Perform tasks within proprietary applications in ERP and Lotus Notes systems.
4. Works with the local management team prioritizing incoming repair jobs
5. Manage job costs. Assures selling price and costs are in line to maintain acceptable margins.
6. Reviews and approves jobs for invoicing.
7. Review of shop quotes before pricing and finalization.
8. Interact and communicates technical repair information to workshop and end customers.
9. Assist Service Center team to meet published baseline measurements and goals.
10. Invoices repairs to end customers after completion.
11. Maintains Government status, inventory reports, records, and proprietary software.
12. Provides necessary support to Shared Services regarding Account Receivable issues.
13. Other facility responsibilities as required.
Your education will include a High School or GED equivalent. It is desirable you have five (5) year s experience/knowledge of machining in a manufacturing, job shop or customer service environment.
In addition, you will also have:
Ability to read and work from blueprints
Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
Strong communication and interpersonal skills both written and verbal
Knowledge of DFARS/FAR Clauses and Government contracting
Demonstrate ability to perform effectively within a team environment
Some understanding of machining and welding techniques
Ability to work within stressful situations
Fundamental knowledge of standard word processing software and spreadsheets
Apply in person during our walk-in hours Monday- Thursday 9-11am or 2-3pm
2121 Old Greenbrier Rd Suite B Chesapeake Virginia 23320.
Please allow time to complete an application and interview, and come dressed for a job interview.
Margie is an executive recruiter based in Chesapeake and is a Certified Staffing Professional (CSP) and has a Technical Staffing Certification (TSC). Margie is known for her positive energy and can-do attitude. Margie specializes in clerical positions, accounting, finance, business & contract administration, operations, warehouse, logistics/supply chain, procurement, HR, marketing, legal, executive, IT and many levels of industrial.
"I love the job Margie placed me in. I am thriving in my new career and the business I was placed with is a perfect fit for me." - feedback from our 2017 Talent Survey