QUALITY ASSURANCE TECH
VIRGINIA BEACH, VA 23450
Responsible for the final inspection of finished product and production paperwork to ensure that it meets internal standards and customer expectations. Responsible for ensuring compliance with internal and external procedures, regulatory agency guidelines, and institutional policies. Will also perform product inspections, develop and train on new quality procedures and test methods and monitor plant performance. The QA Technician assists in complaint evaluations, investigations and corrective actions. In addition, they perform internal audits on a routine basis to identify any non-conforming areas and develop sustainable corrective actions. Preferred candidates will have at least 1 year of experience in quality control. Prior experience in a production or manufacturing environment is also highly preferred.
This position will work afternoons, Monday through Friday, and the schedule is flexible.
FLEXIBLE HOURS: 11a-7p, 2p-10p, 3p-11p will all work.
AIR CONDITIONED PRODUCTION AREA.
$12 per hour
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Complete all documentation accurately and completely for all finished goods.
2. Work closely with Production to ensure deadlines are met for product release.
3. Investigate any discrepancies between the product and product documentation and ensure resolution prior to releasing material for shipment.
4. Scan and maintain accurate records of all completed paperwork to support product release and aid in investigations.
5. Proactively audit jobs while in production to verify that Quality checks are being completed properly.
6. Pull samples for external complaints, investigate root cause, and develop corrective actions by working with associates across departments.
7. Write SOPs for current processes as well as future processes that will be implemented. Focus on 1-point lessons which are visual in nature.
8. Effectively interact with Engineering, Customer Service, Sales, Production, and the Purchasing teams to maintain product supply, introduce new products, and establish quality requirements and testing.
9. Establish/enforce procedures and required paperwork to ensure compliance with all internal and external (ISO, AIB, Customer, etc.) quality requirements.
*Knowledge of relevant safety laws and regulations, lean manufacturing, Six Sigma, and other quality assurance processes/procedures preferred.
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Exceptional oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
2. Experience and understanding of quality related documentation.
3. Analyze data, draw conclusions, and provide recommendations for continuous improvement.
4. Ability to prioritize different tasks.
5. Be proactive with proven problem-solving abilities.
6. Proven ability to build consensus and lead change.
7. Proficient in Microsoft Office.
8. Knowledge of manufacturing/production environment.
Training Requirements: Willing to attend required training courses or sessions related to the job as assigned.
1. Lifting, sitting, standing, crouching, required.
2. Pass a pre-employment drug test and subject to random drug screening.
1. Regular exposure to dust and noise in the production environment.
2. Warehouse environment temperatures may be influenced by outside temperatures.
Reports to: Shop Supervisor
COME IN TODAY!
To be considered for this position, please submit your resume and reference letters to email@example.com
Apply in person during our walk-in hours Monday through Thursday between 9am-11am and from 2pm-3pm.
2121 Old Greenbrier Rd Suite B Chesapeake Virginia 23320
Margie is an executive recruiter based in Chesapeake and is a Certified Staffing Professional (CSP) and has a Technical Staffing Certification (TSC). Margie is known for her positive energy and can-do attitude. Margie specializes in clerical positions, accounting, finance, business & contract administration, operations, warehouse, logistics/supply chain, procurement, HR, marketing, legal, executive, IT and many levels of industrial.
"I love the job Margie placed me in. I am thriving in my new career and the business I was placed with is a perfect fit for me." - feedback from our 2017 Talent Survey