PUMP TECHNICIAN TEAM LEADER
CHESAPEAKE, VA 23320
Hours 7AM-5:30PM M-F, 6AM-2:30PM on Saturdays plus Overtime as required
Temp to hire 40+ hours weekly
Dress Code: No baggie pants, no hoodies. PPE: Steel toe shoes.
1. Customer Focus 5. Job Knowledge/ Quality of work 9. Teamwork
2. Initiative/Decision-Making 6. Warehouse Safety 10. Technical Capacity
3. Flexibility/Adaptability 7. Attendance/Dependability 11. Leadership
4. Ethics/ Professionalism 8. Productivity
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for overall planning, quality and scheduling of their own work and their team.
2. Completes highly complex and advanced tasks. Identifies conflicts and develops solutions.
3. Coordinates work with others outside the group.
4. Demonstrates supervisory and leadership skills by coordinating multiple tasks/projects.
5. Plans work for short term and long-term assignments & coordinates work with others.
6. Instructs Pump Technicians in completing tasks/projects using established guidelines.
7. Communicates concerns and policies among management and team members.
8. Supports Production Manager and may perform management duties.
9. Documents actions by completing production and quality forms.
10. Completes tasks of advanced complexity.
11. Performs diagnostic, gear and centrifugal pump testing.
12. Advises all Pump Technicians in completing tasks/projects with limited decision-making authority using established guidelines.
13. Demonstrates understanding of general Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
14. Maintains tasks productivity and efficiency rates of 90% or higher.
15. Maintains a low waste of time rate (between 7-12%).
16. Prepares work by studying assembly instructions, blueprint specifications, and parts lists, gathering parts, sub assemblies, tools, and materials.
17. Documents actions by completing production and quality forms.
18. Conducts general building maintenance when required.
19. Must be able to work overtime, nights, and weekends as required by the workload.
20. Assist Import/Export Clerk to pack shipping material, if needed. Occasionally, makes packaging recommendations.
21. Responsible for following and completing assigned safety curriculum on or before deadlines.
22. Expert skills, knowledge and ability as a Pump Technician.
23. Demonstrates judgment required to complete assignments with little to no Supervision.
4-5 years relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
3-4 years experience in general assembly work or specialized training.
High School diploma with relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience/GED required.
*Associate s degree or technical education.
* Understanding of basic electrical theory.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to lift up to 50lbs
Apply in person during our walk-in hours Monday- Thursday 9-11am or 2-3pm
2121 Old Greenbrier Rd Suite B Chesapeake Virginia 23320.
Please allow time to complete an application and interview, and come dressed for a job interview.
Margie is an executive recruiter based in Chesapeake and is a Certified Staffing Professional (CSP) and has a Technical Staffing Certification (TSC). Margie is known for her positive energy and can-do attitude. Margie specializes in clerical positions, accounting, finance, business & contract administration, operations, warehouse, logistics/supply chain, procurement, HR, marketing, legal, executive, IT and many levels of industrial.
"I love the job Margie placed me in. I am thriving in my new career and the business I was placed with is a perfect fit for me." - feedback from our 2017 Talent Survey