MEDICAL RECEPTIONIST NEEDED
NORFOLK, VA 23500
**1 year experience performing related functions in a doctor's office.
**Registered medical assistant preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, am~ procedure manuals.
Must have some working knowledge of computers and typing experience.
Professional, customer service-oriented individual is required.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to speak effectively in one-on-one-situations to patients, physicians, nurses, or other employees of institution.
Strong interpersonal skills are essential.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for providing excellent customer service to patients and visitors.
Responsible for being courteous to co-workers and providers.
Responsible for working with team members to ensure work flow.
Answers incoming telephone calls and refers calls as necessary. Also responsible for taking messages, paging doctors when appropriate, handling hospital consults, and answering inquiries.
Schedules appointments with doctors.
Prepares charts for the next day; creates new patient charts, files and pulls charts and checks charts for referrals and authorization prior to visit. Also prepares charge tickets.
Greets patients in a courteous manner, marks off names as patients arrive, and notifies nurses/medical assistants MDs of arrivals.
1. Responsible for directing patients to designated area for Urine Drug Screenings and Oral Fluid Testing.
2. Responsible for notifying patients when their prescriptions are ready for pick-up for all providers.
3. Responsible for distributing prescriptions according to office protocol.
4. Registers old and new patients, verifies demographics and insurance, determines insurance copays, and collects money and copays to send to HS.
5. Checks-in and checks-out patients, obtains and writes referrals, when appropriately trained and directed, and schedules outside appointments with specialists.
6. Responsible for scanning all correspondence and medical reports daily as it relates to patients.
7. Gives directions to patients and visitors.
8. Maintains order in reception room.
9. Records and delivers express mail and sort U.S. Mail.
10. Prints daily/weekly schedules and distributes.
11. Copies medical records.
12. Provides back-up coverage for medical assistant, billing, etc.
13. Schedule~ conference rooms.
14. Handles pick-up and drop off of medications.
15. Performs other duties as assigned, according to the individual departmental needs.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include 20/40 vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Work is primarily indoors, but requires the incumbent to be in an outdoor environment when traveling between campus buildings or off campus.
Standard office hours are 8: 00 am to 5: 00pm, however work after hours will be required to meet the demands of the position during peak times. Training sessions may/will be presented after regular work hours.
Apply In person during our walk-in hours Monday-Thursday 9-11am or 2-3 pm
2121 Old Greenbrier Rd., Suite B, Chesapeake, VA, 23320
Margie is an executive recruiter based in Chesapeake and is a Certified Staffing Professional (CSP) and has a Technical Staffing Certification (TSC). Margie is known for her positive energy and can-do attitude. Margie specializes in clerical positions, accounting, finance, business & contract administration, operations, warehouse, logistics/supply chain, procurement, HR, marketing, legal, executive, IT and many levels of industrial.
"I love the job Margie placed me in. I am thriving in my new career and the business I was placed with is a perfect fit for me." - feedback from our 2017 Talent Survey