MAINTENANCE TECH (PRODUCTION/ HVAC)
CHESAPEAKE, VA 23320
1. Responsible for demand, preventive and predictive maintenance work that does not require a licensed contractor. This includes but is not limited to:
maintenance and repair of manufacturing machinery and related equipment
maintenance and repair of the building interior and exterior
maintenance and repair of electrical, pneumatic, and plumbing systems
2. Troubleshoots and repairs electro-mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic problems in automated manufacturing machines and related equipment.
3. Installs, relocates, or removes equipment as directed.
4. Modifies existing machinery or related equipment as necessary to support manufacturing needs.
5. Fabricates machines, tools, fixtures, or related equipment as necessary to support manufacturing needs.
6. Utilizes basic hand tools and electrical test equipment.
7. May operate machining equipment and other industrial tools to repair, modify, or fabricate items. This includes but is not limited to, mills, lathes, drills, saws, welder equipment, soldering equipment, sanders, and routers.
8. Maintains tools and machinery in good condition and uses all tools carefully and as instructed.
9. Assists in maintaining inventory records of tools, equipment, spare parts, production supplies, janitorial supplies, facility maintenance supplies, machine shop supplies. Maintains minimum quantities of stock items at all times.
10. Assists in taking physical inventories on a regular basis to verify inventory records and correct discrepancies. May assist with monthly reports on storeroom activity.
11. Unpacks and stocks bins and cabinets when supplies are received.
12. Assists with issuing materials from storeroom in response to production and maintenance requisitions.
13. Assists with sourcing tools, equipment, machine parts, production supplies, janitorial supplies, machine shop supplies, and maintenance supplies.
14. Assists with restocking orders as necessary to maintain minimum inventory levels.
15. Maintains tool room, machine shop, and storeroom in a clean and orderly manner.
16. Participates in 5S/Safety and Kaizen projects.
17. Maintains all relevant documentation related to maintenance, inventories, and improvement projects.
18. Responsible for all duties of Maintenance Assistant.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Working knowledge of electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
Fabrication, machining, HVAC, network installation, plumbing, and carpentry knowledge is recommended but not required.
Demonstrated ability to work with hands and to work in mechanically oriented situations.
Demonstrated ability to analyze and troubleshoot electro-mechanical problems.
Must be resourceful in the problem solving.
Must be adaptable to changing schedules/priorities.
Ability to read blueprints and schematics.
General knowledge of various types of hand and power tools and equipment.
Ability to follow instructions, given either orally or in writing
Ability to work with little or no supervision, given proper instructions.
Ability to read and write and to follow detailed written instructions.
Must be able to communicate effectively and work cooperatively with others.
Ability to do heavy lifting.
Ability to climb ladders or work in elevated positions.
Ability to manage a large number of projects concurrently.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Minimum of 3-5 years experience in the field of general repairs, including at least one year s experience with manufacturing/converting machinery, automated manufacturing systems, and electrical/electronic repair; or
Any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Apply in person during our walk-in hours Monday- Thursday 9-11am or 2-3pm
2121 Old Greenbrier Rd Suite B Chesapeake Virginia 23320.
Please allow time to complete an application and interview, and come dressed for a job interview.
Sam Nanney is the Branch Manager of our Chesapeake office. Sam has been with Reliance for more than 20 years and is a Certified Staffing Professional (CSP). Sam personally places more than 600 people totaling more than 400,000 man-hours in jobs every year. He is known for his dedication to workplace safety and his ability to motivate Reliance associates and our own staff members. He is primarily responsible for industrial placement.
“I am very satisfied because of how well the communication has been. Reliance makes things feel personal and not like your just a number being pushed through.” - feedback from our 2017 Talent Survey