HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
WILLIAMSBURG, VA 23185
1. Develop the compensation program; monitor the performance appraisal process.
2. Performs benefits administration, including claims resolution, approval of invoices for payment, distribution of annual employee notices as required and assisting with benefits reporting requirements.
3. Conducts recruitment effort for all employee hiring efforts; writes and places advertisements; works with supervisors to screen and interview candidates; conducts reference checking; extends job offers; conducts new-employee onboarding; manages pre-employment tests; monitors career-path program and employee relations counseling; conducts exit interviews. Tracking & managing.
4. Develops and maintains affirmative action; Veteran and other EEO programs. Files annually; maintains other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations; along with other benefits records and mandated filings.
5. Enrich safety program with assistance from safety leaders and outside resources. Organizational training and development efforts pertinent to job skills and performance, maintains logs and tracking for safety.
6. Establishes and maintains department records and reports. Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings, such as seminars.
7. Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local employment laws. Soliciting information from company legal services and other professional services for compliance issues or questions. Provide information and suggestions to owners about such issues to enable appropriate business decisions.
8. Compile payroll data such as garnishments, vacation time, benefit deductions. Updating and maintaining employee records/information in system. Void/manual checks as required.
9. Retrieve, and review information electronic payroll for completeness and accuracy. Editing time transaction i.E. Any missing or incorrect punches. Answering all charge back promptly as they arise and follow up in a timely manner to ensure charges are debited from our account. Contact various department supervisors for any missed times.
-Human resource experience in this industry.
-SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) credential
Shelby Turner is the Branch Manager of our Newport News office. Shelby comes to Reliance from Wisconsin with a great deal of experience in retention and recruiting, along with a background in leadership. And she loves her sports!
A candidate had this to say about Reliance Staff for our last survey: "Reliance is a great agency. They are very helpful."