VIRGINIA BEACH, VA 23450 | Temporary
Excellent opportunity to work with a highly respected and growing Virginia staffing & recruiting company and its partner, a nationally sold software firm. They are seeking a self-motivated communications manager with experience handling both internal and external business communication.
The ideal candidate will oversee the firm's communications and social media strategy across all services, brands, and platforms to build brand awareness and foster good will; will ensure internal and external communications, public relations, editorial, marketing and social broadcasting content is fully integrated with all company efforts; and serve as the first point of contact for interested online applicants and web-based email queries, as well as provide support for company client, prospect, trade association, and community relations. Experience across the whole spectrum of corporate communications from tactical to strategic is a must.
The Communications Director will create, strategize, coordinate and/or execute: marketing campaigns, web content, print collateral, email marketing, social media, multimedia, video and PR, among others.
- Plan and execute marketing and communications strategy
- Create and implement marketing campaigns using digital graphics and eBooks, print materials, web content, email, social media and/or video
- Write, produce and manage the following to reach clients, employees, applicants and prospects: effective monthly newsletter campaigns, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest and YouTube posts, creative e-mails, press releases, web content, articles to publicize in various media, etc.
- Manage optimization of websites for search engine listings, site rankings and keywords. Monitor and report on competitor standings. Use web analytics to monitor website and performance metrics.
- Prepare and/or Finalize Request for Proposals and Invitations to Bid, and similar contracts. Create presentations and other marketing materials to solicit prospects and obtain new business as well as new employees.
- Serve as company spokesperson
- At least 5 years of marketing and/or communications experience
- Superb written and oral communications skills
- Strong knowledge of digital marketing best practices, especially lead generation
- Excellent organizational, time management and multitasking skills
- Creativity plus the ability to collaborate with others
- Bachelor's degree in English, journalism, marketing, communications or a similar field (or equivalent experience)
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.)
- MS Office Suite and video/audio editing software. Must also have basic photography, videography, and audio recording skills
- Site management using WordPress
- Social media channels and management tools such as Hootsuite
- Email marketing tools, especially Mail Chimp
- Experience with Google Analytics and Google My Business a plus
- Familiarity with Apple computing preferred
Interested applicants may begin their application online and also send their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Margie is an executive recruiter based in Chesapeake and is a Certified Staffing Professional (CSP) and has a Technical Staffing Certification (TSC). Margie is known for her positive energy and can-do attitude. Margie specializes in clerical positions, accounting, finance, business & contract administration, operations, warehouse, logistics/supply chain, procurement, HR, marketing, legal, executive, IT and many levels of industrial.
"I love the job Margie placed me in. I am thriving in my new career and the business I was placed with is a perfect fit for me." - feedback from our 2017 Talent Survey