ACCOUNTS PAYABLE/ PURCH ASSISTANT
NORFOLK, VA 23500
*SAGE/ MAS 90 and/or Peachtree experience required
* Clearance Preferred
Must be qualified with: A.S. In engineering or business discipline; or High School/GED with additional five years military and/or civilian experience with firm or agency primarily involved in shipboard systems repair, modification or installation.
The A/P reports directly to the Purchasing Manager in the performance of his/her responsibilities.
These responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Review Invoices and check requests
Sort and match invoices and check requests
Set invoices up for payment
Process check request
Resolve invoice discrepancies
Vendor file maintenance
Correspond with vendors and respond to inquires
Assist in monthly closing
data entry of ship and rec. Reports
Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Outlook, and Internet to perform required duties.
Strong knowledge of basic mathematical concepts and tools.
Ability to understand and follow applicable regulations, policies and procedures fully and consistently.
Must have strong detail orientation and high accuracy level.
Education, Skills, and Experience
Knowledge of accounts payable
Knowledge of general accounting procedure
Knowledge of relevant computer applications
Proficient in data entry and management
Organizing and prioritizing
Attention to detail and accuracy
Judgment and problem solving skills
1. Insure compliance with company policy and directives regarding material and services procurement.
2. Enter purchase orders into accounting system daily. Assist with reconciliation of purchase activity with Accounting Supervisor
3. Attend In-progress and Post-Job meetings and update the master JML as necessary.
4. Maintain a master list of JMLs on electronic media or in a data base format, for easy retrieval and review.
5. Track all purchase orders until material has been received, warehoused and/or issued to the operations department.
6. Assist the Supervisor with development of new Task Group Instructions (TGI), or updating existing TGIs, as necessary. The Supervisor is ultimately responsible for all TGIs.
Orders bulk steel, valves, electrical parts and Arcet gas for projects as they win bids. Then disperses material to jobsite. They have a 4000 sq. Ft. Warehouse this person will also manage, Material Management, Stack tools, and Forklift experience.
Apply in person during our walk-in hours Monday-Thursday 9-11am or 2-3pm
2121 Old Greenbrier rd Chesapeake Virginia 23320
Margie is an executive recruiter based in Chesapeake and is a Certified Staffing Professional (CSP) and has a Technical Staffing Certification (TSC). Margie is known for her positive energy and can-do attitude. Margie specializes in clerical positions, accounting, finance, business & contract administration, operations, warehouse, logistics/supply chain, procurement, HR, marketing, legal, executive, IT and many levels of industrial.
"I love the job Margie placed me in. I am thriving in my new career and the business I was placed with is a perfect fit for me." - feedback from our 2017 Talent Survey