CONSTRUCTION SITE SUPERVISORS
CHESAPEAKE, VA 23320 | Temp/Hire
Pay Range $$45-60, 000 per year depending on expertise.
They do construction, remodeling, etc. Of commercial restaurants, retail stores, etc.
Must be open to traveling to job sites and be gone a few weeks at a time.
Most of their jobs are in Virginia, NC, and Maryland.
They will pay expenses plus $25/day per diem.
Site Supervisors are more like a foreman and are hands on working managers.
2. The project manager may require his/her input or opinion in drafting budget and proposal.
3. He/she may also be required to supply the likely cost of materials and labor required to complete a project or a particular phase of the project.
4. He/she may assist the project manager in determining the likely duration of the construction work and ways to fast track the project or to reduce cost.
5. After the planning phase of the project, the construction supervisor takes over the responsibility and coordination of labor and materials to be utilized at the site.
6. His/her first duty at this stage is to work out a job schedule for the site workers and subcontractors.
7. He/she specifies the deliverables expected from the project and its completion date. Then, he/she follows it up to make sure that the schedule is followed and quality standard maintained.
8. If he/she is not working on that same project, then he/she is expected to visit the site daily to monitor the progress of the job, record achievements and report back to the project manager.
9. The construction site supervisor s work description also involves holding meetings with subcontractors and workers on behalf of the manager in charge of the project.
10. His/her job description also includes receiving complaints and resolving them, or seeking the advice of the project manager.
11. He/she also conveys information regarding change in project plan to the site workers and subcontractors.
12. In addition, he/she may be required to assist in the procurement of some materials.
13. To perform well in this role, the site supervisor must be an expert in construction projects.
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply In person during our walk-in hours Monday-Thursday 9-11am or 2-3 pm
2121 Old Greenbrier Rd., Suite B, Chesapeake, VA, 23320
Margie is an executive recruiter based in Chesapeake and is a Certified Staffing Professional (CSP) and has a Technical Staffing Certification (TSC). Margie is known for her positive energy and can-do attitude. Margie specializes in clerical positions, accounting, finance, business & contract administration, operations, warehouse, logistics/supply chain, procurement, HR, marketing, legal, executive, IT and many levels of industrial.
"I love the job Margie placed me in. I am thriving in my new career and the business I was placed with is a perfect fit for me." - feedback from our 2017 Talent Survey