SALES SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE
SUFFOLK, VA | Temp/Hire
Duties include inputting data onto an in-house system, order processing, preparing spreadsheets, answering the phone, taking messages, liaising with suppliers, preparing & sending out quotes, dealing with queries, assisting with all office admin and secretarial duties.
Day-to-day detail involves:
- Placing and confirming the orders, and following their progress until goods received.
- Filing, answering the phones and general administration.
- Helping sales people with sourcing parts and quoting. This can mean working with Excel spreadsheets for large enquiries.
- Progressing and re-scheduling reports from customers
The main duty for a sales support is maintaining the Open Order Book. The whole job revolves around this and if your OOB is always up to date anyone can pick it up and know what is happening with an order. This is the most time consuming part of the role, but the heart of it too.
Daily up-keep of the Open order book includes:
- Phoning supplier to progress order and gets tracking details for orders that have shipped.
- Changing the dates on the system to reflect deliveries.
- Making sure pro-forma invoices received and paid
- Updating the sales person and customer with delays or improvements on orders.
- Completing the request to ship process for lines overdue on the open order book.
- Computer proficiency and knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Must be flexible
- Must be able to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must be organized and detail oriented
Interested candidates can send resumes to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also contact our office at (757) 925-0400. EOE