PORTSMOUTH, VA | Direct-Hire (Perm)
Administrative responsibilities revolve around accounting functions to include, full management responsibility of the office staff of all operating groups / companies as a single point of contact for the President, Director of Engineering, Director of Operations and General Manager. Comprehensively oversee all accounting and office functions to include but not limited to receivables, payables, banking, billing, payroll, general ledger, taxes, and insurance, employment and employee benefits to ensure accuracy. Delegate workload among your staff at your discretion ensuring proper Key Control procedures in accordance with Sarbanes-Oxley are in place. Be the personal representative of the President/Owner to ensure that the highest level of accountability, accuracy and integrity is maintained at all time by the company. Manages a staff of 5 6. This position is considered part of the Senior Management Team.
- Manage / Coordinate the schedules of all direct reports to ensure proper coverage of the office at all times. Ensure management reports are accurately completed and distributed in a timely manner.
- Maintain General Ledger for all corporations and LLC s to ensure that it always accurately represents the activities of the company.
- Receive all remittance daily
- Ensure that the company is following all GAAP procedures as well as maintaining legal and ethical compliance (to include: IRS, EPA, VEC, OSHA, etc.) at all times. Maintain segregation of duties and key controls. Set administrative tone for the company.
- Month-end balancing and reconciliation
- Year-end close out and participate in tax planning
- Manage all Employee Matters (including pre-employment and on-boarding, drug screens, background checks, customer specific employee requirements, benefits, Simple IRA s, tool account reconciliation, sick and vacation tracking)
- Payroll / withholding / payroll related taxes
- Manage all Benefits
- Be the primary point of contact between all non-operational services to include: IT Providers, Sage, Copier Company, Insurance Companies, etc. Maintain contracts of our service providers.
- Calculate all taxes and ensure proper and timely filing
- Manage Indirect Expense (Overhead) payables
- Maintain the company handbook for both companies. Update periodically.
- Manage all accruals
- Coordinate all COI s
- Coordinate all Insurances (health, worker s comp, general liability, vehicle, etc.)
- Maintain the Annual Recovery Unit Log required by EPA.
- Back up Accounting Supervisor
- Other duties that contribute to the overall profitability of the company as assigned
- Demonstrated competence of computer software programs such as Microsoft Office (Access, Excel, and Outlook), and use of financial systems (Peachtree or Sage), at least at an intermediate level
- Must have small business accounting experience
- Ability to prioritize, multitask and manage deadlines
- Ability to communicate professionally and clearly verbally and in writing
- Strong attention to detail
- Full charge bookkeeping experience preferred
If you are interested in this position please forward your resume to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also call the Reliance Staffing and Recruiting Office in Suffolk at 757-925-0400.